Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech EC is a part of the Tetra Tech team and we offer site cleanup and restoration services to help our clients increase the value of their real property – whether for redevelopment, property transfer, or creating a healthier environment.
We are currently looking for a Field Sampler to join our Green Bay, WI location!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The project involves remediation of PCB contaminated sediment from the Fox River. The remediation consists of either sediment dredging or installation of caps and cover. Quality Control sampling consists of post dredge confirmation or cover thickness verification. The duties and responsibilities of the Field Sampler are to support the overall field confirmation and verification sampling and the core processing and sample preparation process. Specific responsibilities of the field sampler include:
- Actively participate in on river sampling.
- Verify and document cap/cover thickness.
- Navigate sampling vessel utilizing GPS equipment.
- Maintain accurate field logs and log books.
- Identify sediment types through hand texturing in the field.
- Make field decisions regarding refusal material.
- Responsible for the safety of fellow crew members.
- Conduct equipment and safety inspections.
- Export and process field data utilizing Leica Geo Office and excel macros.
- Prepare daily sampling reports.
- Assist with core processing and sediment classification.
- Prepare analytical result reports.
- Perform various other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 0-3 years of applicable experience.
- Required to have 40 hour OSHA HazWoper certification or be able to obtain the certifications in a timely manner.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel and GPS.
- Good communication skills are a must.
- The individual needs to be detail oriented and have the ability to interact with the client and agency oversight personnel to resolve issues in a constructive manner.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com for more information on our company and to apply for this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
United States-WI-US-Green Bay
18 June 2017